First of all, I Just Want to Say - It is a Gift to be Highly Sensitive


Hey there, and welcome to the first post of this new blog - Thoughts for Highly Sensitive People!


I have written several articles on what it is to be a HSP but never before have I attempted to start and maintain a blog on the trait, however, I am extremely confident of keeping this blog updated on a weekly basis. Why? Well that brings me to the first reason I'm glad to be sensitive - passion. We highly sensitive people are incredibly passionate and determined when it comes to something we care about, especially when concerning our search for acceptance and an understanding of ourselves and others. Yes, we do shy away from the public eye and 'seem' shy, but while we are recuperating behind closed doors and recharging our batteries after a long day exposed to the emotions of others, we are getting things done.


Our high level of sensitivity does not allow for idleness and stagnation, oh no, far from it. Such is the strength of our level of feeling and inner-connectedness. We are always working on something, driven by our ability to notice everything, including our own lack of ambition. Of course it isn't only that which causes us to be so active, or at least desiring of being active. Our acute sensitivity has bred a uniquely powerful set of senses within us and because of that we are highly creative and often write, draw, paint and spend time on many other artistic hobbies during our time nestled away at home.


I once thought that being sensitive, was a weakness, albeit an accidentally bestowed weakness. Didn't you? I'll bet that most of us do, until we stumble across literature explaining the trait of high sensitivity, and then we are consumed by a hunger for more knowledge about our trait. It was a wonderful turning point in my life, when I realised I wasn't weird, just highly sensitive, and that it was in fact a gift, and not a curse.

During the course of this blog, I'll be scouring the net searching for more information on highly sensitive people as well as writing and sharing articles with you, my fellow HSPs. It's time we were noticed. First and foremost though, it is time we started celebrating our trait.

It's great to be sensitive!!

Here is a wonderful article which explains 25 gifts highly sensitive people have that others may not necessarily have.

Enjoy.

25 Wonderful Aspects of Highly Sensitive People - It Rocks to be Highly Sensitive!

1 comments:

Thank you! Great blog.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing!

 
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets